Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(04-19-2023, 01:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I didn't really want to cut him because of his power, but that batting average is worrisome. That said, good add! I would have re-added him if someone hadn't have claimed him. 
He'll stay in their line-up as long as he keeps hitting dingers, but if he cools off, he will be in a platoon. 

Well, in past I haven't even drafted pitchers that get Saves.  None.  But I looked at who was in play-offs last year, and those teams put up some Saves.  So I always liked Wins, but I decided I wanted some Saves.  I ended up getting Cleveland's Clase and Bieber to start.  Want Trout next as I got Judge in round 3 last year, but I drafted near end, so a long wait to get to 3 and Trout was long gone.  So I focused on the young pitchers list I made out during off season.  I was able to get some hitters I wanted in Diaz, Yelich, Garcia, Suarez, Teoscar Hernandez, and Happ.  The rest were below what I had hoped. 

So I got the pitching I wanted including me drafting bullpen for a change.  I'm happy with them.  I got some hitters I wanted, but I said early on that I would have to work Free Agency to improve on some of the stiffs I drafted as late round hitters. 

So I've got the worst hitting numbers in the league, and that won't cut it.   I'm trying to fix this fast and have players I can go all season with.   Such as adding Merrifield as an infielder / outfielder.  MLB has made the stolen base more worth trying with larger bases and things,  So Merrifield is the type player that if he starts for Toronto could put up better than average season numbers.  

I won't have an Aaron Judge this year, but maybe I can put together a solid group who all put up numbers that are good.  I will not have the best hitting numbers, but I think I can avoid having the worst hitting numbers and finish around the middle of the league in hitting.  I have pitching because my draft was top end loaded on pitching, but I'm hoping I can get my hitting out of the basement, and go weeks without a player move, happy with my hitters. 

One up side for me is I would go seasons with No saves and No holds, because I was all about Starters and Starters listed as Relievers. So I do have Saves and Holds this year so far, and some seasons I had None. I decided that was a flaw in my team the last few years.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - kevin - 04-19-2023, 04:33 PM