Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bill to remove work permit requirement for children under 16 goes to Sarah Sanders
(04-18-2023, 09:05 PM)Dill Wrote: I thought I responded to this. Must have forgotten.

Why would "the left" (whoever that is) be outraged over removing "any type of ID validation"? 

Oh Dill, you know exactly why and you're just making me say it.  

It was a shot at Democrats being very lax on voter ID laws.  Dems care about ID laws only when it benefits them.  

(04-18-2023, 09:05 PM)Dill Wrote: You say "no labor laws are being changed," but one certainly is: the Youth Hiring Act, would delete the portion of existing law that requires an employment certificate “accessible to the Division of Labor and the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education, or local school officials” before a company can hire a child under 16 years of age.

I don't recall seeing this part when i looked at it last month.  What I was specifically referring to, as mentioned, was age laws aren't changing.  The type of work a child can do isn't changing.  The number of hours isn't changing.  The only thing changing is this perceived burden for proof of ID (on the parents). 

(04-18-2023, 09:05 PM)Dill Wrote: Child trafficking for labor is also very much UNDER reported in Arkansas. This won't help the reporting/tracking of that crime. 

Do you have any data to back this up?  I could not find any data indicating child trafficking will increase with this modification (which is a strong position the left has taken against this)

(04-18-2023, 09:05 PM)Dill Wrote: Where is the "pain in the ass" for parents? They require age identification to register children for public schools. 

I only have anecdotal examples for this, hence why gave a personal opinion.  The feedback I saw was this rule was a "burden" on the parents....I don't recall ever needing a photo ID to register my kids for school.  Whereas it seems this eliminates the photo ID requirements for kids under whatever age it is.  

(04-18-2023, 09:05 PM)Dill Wrote: Also, how does this "restore decision making to the parent," as Henning says? How did the parent LOSE decision making by having to sign off on a form? Looks like the decision defaults to children and employers. 

Henning said this, which seems to align with what i'm saying:

Quote:“The governor believes protecting kids is most important, but doing so with arbitrary burdens on parents to get permission from the government for their child to get a job is burdensome and obsolete,” Henning said. “All child labor laws will still apply and we expect businesses to comply just as they are required to do now.”

To me, this whole thing seems reasonable.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill to remove work permit requirement for children under 16 goes to Sarah Sanders - basballguy - 04-19-2023, 04:44 PM