Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Current state of the Roster: 2023 FA
(04-18-2023, 05:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the season started today, here would be my 53 before moving people to IR:
QB (2) - Burrow, Browning
RB (3) - Mixon, Williams, Evans
TE (3) - Smith, Sample, Asiasi
WR (6) - Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Irwin, Morgan, Taylor
OT (5) - Brown, Williams, Carman, Ford, Collins (IR/PUP)
OG (3) - Cappa, Volson, Scharping
OC (2) - Karras, Hill

DE (5) - Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Sample, Basham
DT (5) - Hill, Reader, Carter, Tupou, Tufele
LB (5) - Wilson, Pratt, ADG, Bailey, Bachie
SAF (4) - Hill, Scott, Thomas, Anderson
CB (6) - Awuzie, CTB, Hilton, Jones, Davis, George

K (1) - McPherson
P (1) - Chrisman
LS (1) - Adomitis

Guys in bold are ones I think that could get bumped out by a draft pick.
Collins I think starts on IR/PUP and the Bengals roll with 4 OTs to start the season. Once he's healthy, they'll have to figure out whether to cut him or someone else to make room.
If Jonah is traded, that can open up a spot.
I don't think both Tupou and Tufele would be gone unless the Bengals wanted to keep a 6th DE (Gunter) while only rolling with 4 DTs and getting a DT in the draft.
I doubt both Davis and George make the roster. I would expect a draft pick to get one of those CB spots, or Apple re-signed after draft to bump one of them off.
A RB will be added for sure to replace Perine. Very likely in the draft. I think they'll roll with 9 OL to compensate for the 4th RB.
Mixon getting released will mean a 2nd RB spot available.

Good post. I think I agree with nearly everything you said. One nit is that you only have 52 guys on your roster, even counting Collins. 24 on offense. We do not HAVE a 4th RB to put in there, at present, of course. But you do not have to go light on O-line to do it. I'd expect another OL to make the 53 once Collins gets PUPed (Adeniji, Smith, draft pick).

I'd put the following guys in bold: Evans, D. Sample, Morgan, Irwin, Ford, T. Hill, Basham, Bachie, Thomas, Jones. Though we'd have to double dip for some guys to get cut. And I think other guys are relatively safe (Jones, Bachie, Irwin).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current state of the Roster: 2023 FA - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-20-2023, 12:25 PM