Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consolidated NFL.com mock 1st round picks for Bengals
(04-20-2023, 01:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Has Carman really been up and down?
He was down when at RG, did decent in spot duty his rookie year at LG, and did solid at LT last year.
Up and down implies he's good then bad then good then bad, etc. I haven't seen that see-saw with him yet. Just bad then improvement.
And from reports this week, Carman is continuing to trend up.
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/18/bengals-jackson-carman-impressed-onlookers-workouts/

I'm not saying Carman is a hands-down lock to solidify the RT spot, but I feel much more confident with him there than I do Adeniji, or even Ford.
I swear, some people wanna continue to trash Carman for his 2021 rookie season and ignore/underappreciate what he did last year.

As for Forbes or Robinson, I like both. Robinson is more the slam dunk whereas Forbes will have questions/concerns with his size until he can prove he can stay durable and not get bullied at the LOS. He was playing in college at 180 though, so I don't think it will take too long for him to get back to that, or even a bit bigger like maybe around 185.

I don’t disagree with any of it. I think his performance outside KC ( forgivable to a degree) was very good. By all accounts his buy in has really resonated with the staff. Comments that now he knows what it takes. I’m not writing him off in the least. But I’m not anointing him either. He’s in the last year of his contract and Collins had a severe injury. Back to that word “vulnerable “. I think that fits our situation at RT and why IF a guy like Wright or Harrison was there they’d go that direction.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consolidated NFL.com mock 1st round picks for Bengals - Soonerpeace - 04-20-2023, 01:53 PM