Poll: Who you got?
Takeo Spikes
Vontaze Burfict
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vs Series: Takeo Spikes vs Vontaze Burfict
(04-18-2023, 04:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Being old enough to have watched and remember both of them, I gotta go with Burfict.  If Burfict would have began his career 10 years earlier, he'd likely have been a hall of famer.  He had a passion for the game not often scene, and the ability to 'take over' a game, so long as he could stay on the right side of the officiating.

It's a shame that Vontaze had to play his career in a time when the league was in a serious transition towards player safety, as he would have been lauded as an all-time great back in the days of Lawrence Taylor and other such violent players.  I also feel like he got the short end of the stick when Mike Zimmer went on to become Head Coach of the Vikings.  I sort of feel like Zimmer had a way of communicating with Vontaze that enabled him to keep his emotions in check, and to stay focused on the game.  When Paully G. took over, Burfict was left to his own demons and they eventually got the best of him.

This right here......but, if for nothing else, he gets my vote for simply dishing back to the Stoolers for their years and years of cheap shots.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vs Series: Takeo Spikes vs Vontaze Burfict - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-21-2023, 10:22 AM