Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Not So Sure #1 is a Tight End
Probably truly looking at best available, as the OP notes. There are a number of positions the Bengals need to strengthen, but I'm sure they don't want to reach based on perceived need, since they have serviceable options at all positions. I think it comes down to who slides. And they may even trade down for more picks rather than reach at 28.

If Kincaid or Mayer slide to 28, then those would upgrade an area that needs an infusion of talent. If it doesn't look like they can get a deal with Higgins, and he might test free agency after the season, and with Boyd likely gone after the season, then a TE would be a buffer if a good TE falls. But in most mocks, it seems that Kincaid and Mayer are gone by 28 and Washington is probably a reach at 28.

I doubt Darnell Wright is there at 28. If he is, then he is probably best player available and strengthens the line. But, unlike many posters, I don't see RT as a need. The Bengals invested a lot in free agency in the past two years, with four OL free agents signed (Orlando Brown, Karras, Cappa, and La'el Collins) and a draft pick in Volson. They have serviceable options, including plugging Jonah in, despite his wish for a trade.

I don't see a RB they would draft at 28, unless Bijan Robinson drops, which is highly unlikely.

So, it may well be that CB or safety or DL offers the BPA at 28. I do so some mocks projecting a CB, knowing, as the OP noted, Lou's reliance on DBs in his schemes.

The Bengals are in good shape. They can go in any direction, depends on who falls, or trade down if they don't see the value at the pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not So Sure #1 is a Tight End - kevin - 04-21-2023, 02:17 AM
RE: I'm Not So Sure #1 is a Tight End - Nepa - 04-21-2023, 11:46 AM