Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First round targets and other options later at their positions
(04-20-2023, 04:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Interesting listing Mauch for RT.
He has sub-32.5" arm length, which only Braden Smith has among all starting OTs.
I wasn't really considering Mauch as an OT because of the length limitation, but maybe he could find a way to buck the trend and be effective still outside.

(04-21-2023, 12:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Mauch would be depth. At least to start. #4 OT behind Brown, Carman + Williams/Collins and likely #4 OG as well, who could take Scharping's spot as OG3 after this year and maybe even push Volson eventually. I see Bergeron the same way. 

I don't like using a 2nd rounder on a depth piece, though. Much more likely in the 3rd + if we get an extra pick (trade down/Jonah trade). But Bergeron/Mauch could be worth it because it could allow me to carry 9 OL instead of 10 and open up a roster spot elsewhere (DE, DT, TE, S). And likely bump a guy I am not thrilled about being on the roster (Adeniji, Ford, Smith). 

IMO Mauch is IOL as well, but he is good enough to play some RT.  I can see Jonah staying this season, and I can see Mauch being capable of solidly backing up RT, OG and OC.  Very nice piece to have on the roster.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First round targets and other options later at their positions - casear2727 - 04-21-2023, 02:46 PM