Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s the RB’s you are following?
(04-20-2023, 07:41 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I know alot of folks here think highly of Spears.  I really don’t know much about him though.  

Honestly Deuce is my favorite player in the entire draft.  If we got him in the third, I’d be very very happy.  Have you watched any of his highlights?  
To me he’s just impressive for his size.

Spears is a gamebreaking RB when healthy that can catch the ball out of the backfield and can take it the distance. The type of RB 
we haven't had around here. Deuce is tiny and slow. He has good vision and can hide behind the OL but he isn't an every down type
of RB so right there he will be a late round pick to an UDFA. Nothing against him though, I understand the Deuce love, good player.

Wouldn't mind taking Deuce after Tyjae in a RB double dip at all.

(04-20-2023, 07:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That size is honestly too small though.
Sproles is about the lightest RB I can remember and he's 190 lbs.
And Sproles has never had even 100 carries in a season. He's been mostly used as a receiver because he's too small to be used too much in the run game.
Vaughn weighed in at the Combine at only 179 lbs and only ran a 4.56.
I wouldn't take that risk with anything earlier than a 7th round pick.

This on Deuce.

(04-20-2023, 08:37 PM)BlindMilwaukee Wrote: Apparently Spears has some health concerns. Does anyone know anything about this?

If he’s not banged up I’d love it if he ended up in Cincinnati.

That was awhile ago, but yeah, that is the only reason Tyjae is 2nd to 4th round pick. The injury hurt his draft stock big time.

Electric RB when healthy.

(04-20-2023, 08:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He had a torn ACL in 2020 and it was supposedly worse than a normal ACL injury. 

Yes, this is the question with Spears that I understand. But that WAS 3 years ago. With today's sports Doctors he should be just fine
and ready to go. Spears has a lot of pass pro snaps as well in his career and he wasn't bad at it and was even good according to 
coaches at the Senior Bowl and impressed. He fits our Offense well.

(04-21-2023, 11:34 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have no facts to back up my statement, its just a gut feeling.

We have looked at RB's and TE's more than any other positions in this Draft and they are the early guys.

Doubt we don't take at least 1 of each in this deep class. Corner could also be a double dip thought in this draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s the RB’s you are following? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-21-2023, 04:19 PM