Poll: Who you got?
Takeo Spikes
Vontaze Burfict
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vs Series: Takeo Spikes vs Vontaze Burfict
(04-21-2023, 12:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, he did intend to hit him, I just don't think specifically in the head/neck area, as it would have been in Brown's chest had he caught the ball and landed on his feet.
One could argue that Burfict didn't really have much time to abandon the hit because it was just about 1 second after the ball went through Brown's hands.
Had Brown caught that ball, the only way to prevent the first down was jarring the ball away with a hit after the catch was made.
It looks like Burfict had more time to react due to the slow-mo though, so I can see how (some) people may think Burfict intentionally went for the head/neck after the catch went through Brown's hands.

If you see that play from the reverse angle slowed down you can tell that Burfict hit him in the head intentionally. It's actually pretty amazing body control that he pulled it off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vs Series: Takeo Spikes vs Vontaze Burfict - jason - 04-21-2023, 05:58 PM