Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton?
(04-21-2023, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The main reason that I could see the Bengals going TE, and Darnell Washington specifically, is because they want to add another dimension to the offense.  Imagine a situation where Tee lines up at X, Boyd and Chase line up in double slot, and Washington lines up inline on the Right.  You could have twin towers in Higgins and Washington on each sideline to win battles for contested catches, and Chase and Boyd creating mismatches from hell in the middle of the field.  That is how Zac and company can one up teams like the Chiefs for AFC and perhaps NFL supremacy.

Edit:  With nearly 20% of completions going to the TE position, I could see the Bengals wanting to capitalize with Washington's contested catch ability to increase the efficiency of the throws to that position.

Not to derail this thread but Washington adds an aspect to the offense that I don't believe some people are considering in that you can run him out with a heavy package where most teams are going to run out a true offensive lineman to fill that sixth lineman spot. You can run Washington out there and the defense must account for him as a receiver in the heavy package which means they can not dedicate as many personnel to solely stopping the run. He truly can create real problems for a defense and I feel like the surface of his receiving ability is just beginning to be scratched.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:05 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:01 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 09:46 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 11:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-22-2023, 10:23 AM