Poll: Who you got?
Takeo Spikes
Vontaze Burfict
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vs Series: Takeo Spikes vs Vontaze Burfict
(04-21-2023, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've watched the play from multiple angles.
I guess it's your determination of whether it was intentional or not.
Do you have a link for what you are talking about?

From the angles I've seen, I think you could argue Burfict couldn't have gotten completely out of the way due to his momentum and timing, so he brought his arm in to brace himself and try to avoid as best he could.
I guess my question is if someone doesn't make the catch with just 1 second before you come in contact with them and you're running full steam, what are you supposed to do instead?
I know I don't have that fast enough reaction time that I could have avoided contact, especially if I was already coming in with a plan to use my shoulder to hit a dude in the chest had he caught the ball.

I don't have a link... Not 100% positive where I saw it. May very well have been on some YouTube video about him. We definitely don't have the reaction time to pull up. We probably couldn't connect with our shoulder like that either. It sure looks like he lowers it just enough to get him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vs Series: Takeo Spikes vs Vontaze Burfict - jason - 04-21-2023, 09:20 PM