Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Not So Sure #1 is a Tight End
(04-21-2023, 12:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with the OP, not sure team sees TE as a position they feel warrants a round 1 grade in importance. It takes a partner, but I could see the Bengals trade their pick to a team for an early second round pick to get an additional pick later.

If they do take their pick, I see it being a CB, OT or TE.

The Baltimore Ravens are already excited over the DB's the Bengals lost in Free Agency and saying The Bengals lost too many of their DB's.  So Ravens think Bengals are ready to collapse.  

However Bengals still have Flowers, Apple, Wilson, Lammons that they could resign at DB and Wilcox at TE.   Allen at QB.  Johnston at LB. 

What I'm guessing the Bengals are doing is waiting for the Draft and Best Available Athlete.  If a good young DB falls that they feel can help replace Bates, could be the move.  Bengals already signed a free agent TE and also Sample and could bring back Wilcox who made some nice plays.   

Ravens are right, losing Bell and Bates is huge and if Flowers, Apple, Wilson, Lammons not resigned, Ravens are correct that Bengals Super Bowl Defense just got a lot weaker at DB.   

The surprise for Ravens is that I think Coach Taylor and Defensive Coaches have a plan.  See how The Draft plays out and then resign some or all of the group of Flowers, Apple, Wilson, Lammons.   It could be The Bengals Defensive Coordinator ends up with DB's to keep his Super Bowl Defense strong, and Ravens were off thinking this is the Fall of The Bengals. 

So it could be a TE, but don't bet on it.   I do think the only thing holding up resigning the Bengals they could keep, is it is so close to The Draft now, that all focus is on The Draft.  Then Undrafted Free Agents.  Then Bengals look to Bengals in Free Agency to bring back OR other teams Free Agents still out there.  The Ravens will find The Bengals did not turn into a swiss cheese defense under this Bengals Defensive Coordinator as they thought. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I'm Not So Sure #1 is a Tight End - kevin - 04-21-2023, 02:17 AM
RE: I'm Not So Sure #1 is a Tight End - kevin - 04-22-2023, 08:39 AM