Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton?
(04-22-2023, 12:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Getting 50/50 balls is outstanding.  But if you don't understand separation from a defender during a pass route then we might as well stop the discussion.

Slipping off of a block is not running a route.  A vertical is not a route nor is it understanding zone soft spots.  He has a zero route tree, he runs like Frankenstein in space.   You are making statements with what you project him to be.  He hasn't shown it.  And everything he has done in college will be more difficult in the NFL.   If Washington could do everything that you say he can in his rookie year the kid would be long gone before 28.

I absolutely understand separation. I also understand how important separation can be to the success for some receivers. I also understand that some receivers and/or TEs may not have the quick twitch ability that allows them to cut or break that results in separation from a defender. I also understand that this is not the only way that a receiver and/or TE can win in the receiving game which is why this does not seem to bother me as much as it obviously concerns you. 

Just as you have posted reports from "experts" that support your statements there are many reports as well that do not show the level of concern about the route tree of Washington that you appear to have. There are articles that report that it is rather common for TEs to have limited route trees.

The draft is virtually completely about projection. It is obvious that you and I disagree about a lot so I an going to cease the conversation. Frankly I am surprised with your vast wisdom of the game that NFL teams are not beating down the door for your services.

However, as we part company here is some reading on separation that you may find interesting considering that receivers/TEs such as Chase, Higgins, and Pitts all rank extremely low on separation from defenders in the NFL:

https://www.dynastynerds.com/wr-separation-a-little-goes-a-long-way/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:05 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:01 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 09:46 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 11:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-22-2023, 10:23 AM