Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Duke would consider trading down...here is why:
(04-22-2023, 10:30 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I understand what you are saying about Mayer but it could be argued that you can get the same benefits from the way that the Bengals use the TE with a higher ceiling and/or upside by not trading up and taking Washington or trading down and taking Washington. He as well eliminates the predictability by substitution factor and even more so in short yardage and goal line situations where you may go heavy with an additional lineman. You no longer have the need of bringing in that additional lineman and cause the defense to account for Washington as a receiver as well limiting the defense personnel that they can dedicate to stopping the run or stacking the middle of the field.

If you are including Jonah as a factor for trading up then how would you not worry about who would take him? A team is not going to take Jonah just to take Jonah.

I’m not worrying who would take Jonah I said for you not to worry. As far as TE I should involve Kincaid. But here’s a comment on Mayer “ However, Mayer is a full-service tight end capable of boosting a team's running and passing game immediately” . But I’m not maintaining moving up is to entirely focus on a TE. Robinson by moving up becomes a better possibility as does a better RT. It’s flexibility and is better than only getting a late draft pick for Jonah. This late in the draft teams are greedy on picks
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke would consider trading down...here is why: - Soonerpeace - 04-22-2023, 10:46 AM