Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Duke would consider trading down...here is why:
(04-22-2023, 10:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No I’m not. Washington is the better blocker but Mayer blocks well also but better receiver. Washington has very good upside. But as countless evaluations have said Mayer is ready right now to start and is the most ready and all around TE.

I have no real issue with taking Mayer however I think ceiling has to come into account in the draft especially with a first round pick. I am not a fan of my first round pick just being a safe selection. I like Mayer and I do believe he is well rounded and solid. However,  I feel like when I watch him that I am watching a player who has peaked physically. What you see is what you are getting and that is the same three years from now.

With Washington I see a player who is physically dominating at the line of scrimmage and who's receiving ability has only had the surface scratched. His simple leaping ability provides a mismatch against virtually any defensive player in coverage. His ability to win contested catches is huge. With Washington I think in three years you see a much more refined receiver that can be a game changer.

Of course this is all just opinion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke would consider trading down...here is why: - OSUfan - 04-22-2023, 11:13 PM