Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting with a lens on upcoming free agents
(04-23-2023, 10:08 AM)samhain Wrote: Reader is one of my favorite Bengals, but when he missed time this year, the team seemed to do okay without him.  There was the debacle on Halloween, but that seemed more due to our own pass protection issues that anything.  To be fair, Chubb and the Cleveland offense have chewed up Bengals defensive fronts both with and without Reader.  

Eventually it will be less about whether or not they want to keep a player.  There won't  be any disputing if a player they decide not to extend is good or a contributor.  It will be about who they think they can least live without or who can give them better value.  Bates was a good player and so was Bell.  They moved on.  They obviously are putting a lot of weight on age in the decision-making process.  

Unless DJ is willing to take a bit less to remain here, he's likely gone.  If we're not all a bit more realistic about a player's likelihood of doing that by now, then we're slow learners.  Someone will shell out big money for him.

Lmao uhh... the defense took a big step back. I have no idea what team you were watching

Sure, the offense picked up the slack, and the results were wins, but that defense took a noticeable step back when Reader wasn’t there

I really wonder what some fans are looking at when the game is on...

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drafting with a lens on upcoming free agents - Frank Booth - 04-23-2023, 10:17 AM