Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Duke would consider trading down...here is why:
(04-23-2023, 03:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I really like that list of guys. Plus Kancey. I am increasingly pessimistic any of them are around at #28. Ditto any of my other Tier 2 guys  (JSN, Flowers, Van Ness, Murphy, N. Smith, Banks). 

We need 3 from below that tier of players to go earlier to guarantee 1 is there: Addison, Johnston, Branch, Hooker, Torrence, Bresee, Hyatt seem most likely. The more WRs the better. 

#28 is valued at 660. #24 at 740. A difference of 80, which is a high 4th (#107). Our 3rd is worth #132, an overpay of 52 (a mid 4th). JAX 4th is worth 52. We get: #24 (740) and 121 (52) = 792. They get #28 (660) and #93 (132) = 792. Dead even. Not sure I love that, but I don't hate it. 

If we can land Wright, I like it more. It makes me more willing to deal Jonah. Heck, if Jonah's value is a late 3rd (#92), we can keep our 3rd if the Jags are interested,  or recoup it elsewhere. Or better it if his value is higher (I doubt it, though). 

Interesting idea. IDK about trading UP for TE, given the pisitional value & deep class. Robinsin is head & shoulders above the other RBs, but positional value is low & our line kinda sucks at run blocking. I like Forbes a lot, but would you give uo a 3rd to take him over Turner, Brents, or even a guy like Trice later on? 

You are 100% correct in that a team will not give another team the opportunity to move up without receiving adequate compensation to do so and Jonah just is not a high enough return on investment for Jax to make the deal in the first.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke would consider trading down...here is why: - OSUfan - 04-23-2023, 03:47 PM