Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 2023 Version 1.0
(04-23-2023, 06:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I read a bit more about Kuntz and learned the reason he wasn't getting on the field at Penn State was.... Brenton Strange!  Another mid-to-late round projection.  Kuntz did weigh quite a bit less early in his career.  Reminded me of the story behind who could be the first TE taken in the draft:  Dalton Kincaid.  At aroung 225 lbs, Kincaid wasn't even looked at by any college teams.  But then, he got some interest from the University of San DIego, an FCS school.  He starred there before transferring to Utah.  

It seems like kids that are big enough to be TEs right out of HS are groomed to be OTs.  Many of the star TEs weren't very big out of HS.  

I wonder why Franklin didn't take advantage of the ability to run 12 personnel in the Penn St. offense?  They had another lanky TE a few years back that was excellent at contested catches on the sideline, can't remember his name, but he was good.  They could have developed Kuntz as the contested catch and back of the endzone guy, and had Strange do the tough blocking and catches in traffic in the middle of the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
SHRacerX Mock 2023 Version 1.0 - SHRacerX - 04-17-2023, 08:37 AM
RE: SHRacerX Mock 2023 Version 1.0 - Nepa - 04-23-2023, 06:58 PM
RE: SHRacerX Mock 2023 Version 1.0 - SunsetBengal - 04-23-2023, 07:29 PM