Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you trust FO to draft well?
In the last 4 drafts, since Zac Taylor has been here, there has only been 1 day 1 or 2 pick that made me say "WTF?" on draft day and that was Drew Sample.

Jonah Williams, Germaine Pratt, Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, Logan Wilson, Ja'Marr Chase, Joseph Ossai, Daxton Hill and Cam Taylor-Britt have all looked like very good (or potentially good) picks during that same time frame.

Jackson Carman looked like the 2nd WTF pick, but his playoff stint gives me hope that maybe he will be a decent tackle and just isn't suited for guard.

They've also had some fairly good day 3 picks in their time as well, with Traveon Williams, ADG, Adeniji, Bailey, Sample, Smith, McPherson, Evans, Carter, Volson, Anderson and Gunter ranging from "good picks" like ADG, McPherson and Volson to "good enough to fill out the back end of the roster" like Smith, Gunter, Bailey and Evans.

So yea, I generally trust them to draft well. I appreciate their emphasis on team leaders and production while still paying attention to athletic numbers and measurables (while not letting them completely define their draft board).

They could stand to improve, as all teams could, but drafts are 20/20 in hindsight and it's not fair to judge teams based on good players that went after their picks. It's mostly a crap shoot, after all.

If they draft someone out of left field in the first round, I may be concerned but I'd ultimately reserve judgement until they start playing games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Do you trust FO to draft well? - Luvnit2 - 04-24-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Do you trust FO to draft well? - jj22 - 04-24-2023, 11:40 AM
RE: Do you trust FO to draft well? - Mer - 04-24-2023, 02:39 PM
RE: Do you trust FO to draft well? - Stewy - 04-24-2023, 12:33 PM
RE: Do you trust FO to draft well? - CJD - 04-24-2023, 12:52 PM
Do you trust FO to draft well? - BenZoo2 - 04-24-2023, 03:24 PM
RE: Do you trust FO to draft well? - Housh - 04-24-2023, 10:21 PM