Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Riley and Charles Woodson
(12-22-2015, 02:50 AM)MrRager Wrote: I

I was just saying what I found on PFR. I'm not saying Riley should or shouldn't be in, but trying to explain why Woodson is a lock even though they have the same INTs. The fact they didn't track these stats make it so much harder for a player at that position to get in. Woodson has the stats 100%. 

For all of those harping about Riley, why does he only have on 1st team All-Pro? That seems to be the next thing to look at if stats don't explain much. Woodson has three and a DPOY. DPOYs are HUGE to getting in. 

I'll agree that Ken should be in because we actually have a plethora of stats that prove that and isn't not like he did zilch in the playoffs

All a part of being a Bengals star in the 70's.  Pre-cable and Internet shut out guys in small markets, especially when another team in the division was a dynasty.  That being said, Riley's (and Anderson's) stats warrant a HoF nod, or at least a strong consideration.  For that matter, Isaac Curtis put up far better stats than Lynn Swann, but Swann is a HoF recipient largely off some big game performances and the Super Bowl heroics.  Swann's receiving stats are flat weak for a HoF recipient, but he played for a visible team that won a bunch of titles.

And I agree that Woodson is a no doubt 1st ballot HoF guy. It's just laughable that Riley never gets any hint of consideration from the veterans committee, and flat insulting that Anderson doesn't.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ken Riley and Charles Woodson - t3r3e3 - 12-22-2015, 01:04 AM
RE: Ken Riley and Charles Woodson - t3r3e3 - 12-22-2015, 03:51 AM
RE: Ken Riley and Charles Woodson - J24 - 12-22-2015, 02:33 AM