Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Let's examine Biden record on the economy
(04-26-2023, 07:16 PM)pally Wrote: Biden's position has never been an all-or-nothing proposition but that is what has been portrayed by right-wing media. 

Biden campaigned that he was going to tear down the US oil and gas industry.  Literally said this.  On his first day he did everything he could to damage the energy sector even things not within his power to do (he's lost continually in the courts).  His own party rage at him in ignorance to be ALL OR NOTHING because their F'king stupid and don't understand energy and infrastructure at all.  So it isn't just the right wing media saying "all or nothing". it's his own damn idiot party.

Pally most of the following rant is not directed at you specifically.

Because energy has been so politicized, everyone is being fed a suitcase of ignorance.  I won't even call them lies, because most of what I read is just plain ill informed.

The biggest idiocy out there is that we expect 50% EVs on the road by 2030, which is impossible.  Literally impossible.  Yet your most staunch liberally keep yelling about it.  

Why Impossible?
 - Power Grid Infrastructure - is old and currently failing all over the country (Cali Brown outs, Texas recent failures).  Putting 50% EVs on the roads would collapse the grid completely.  We are one of the only modernized societies with power cables above ground.  Everyone else buries them to protect them.  The LOW estimates for upgrading our infrastructure for a 50% is TWO TRILLION dollars and no one has a plan to poney up the bill.  No upgraded power gris = no EV future. Period.  There is NO going around it.  The grid can't handle it MIC DROP.  PERIOD.  THE END.
- Power Generation - The power generation DOES NOT EXIST for a 50% EV future.  Which means TRILLIONS in new investment in power supply.  Renewables can cover some of that, but again it will take TRILLIONS in investment to generate enough power for an EV future.  
- Renewables are not and never will be Sustainable - This is something almost never spoken of but it is the 3rd elephant in the room.  The lack of renewable sustainability is why HCs will NEVER go away, which makes activists calling for an end to HCs gives them ZERO credibility and shows they understand NOTHING of the reality of our world.  Why do i say this?  Simply wind droughts are real (Britain had to re-start coal plants two winters ago because of this).  Bad weather has a much broader effect on renewables vs. HCs.  CLOUDS!  Drought effects Hydro.  This is a real thing out West right now.

Meanwhile, all we hear from liberal advocates is HCs are evil.  Get rid of them now (head of the UN for one).  Yeah and where is your power generation coming from?  Where is all the electricity coming from for that EV future?  Renewables aint it now or for the next few decades, but try to propose switching a coal plant to natural Gas and you're evil.  Try to get permits for a Nuclear Power Plant?  NOT IN MY BACKYARD.  You know a new refinery hasn't been built in the US since the 70's???  How are people going to react when they have 10'000 windmill outside their window???  I know the answer - not in my backyard!

Hypocrites or willful ignorance, that's 99% of the people talking to you about our energy future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's examine Biden record on the economy - Stewy - 04-26-2023, 08:35 PM