Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia ending reciprocity for concealed carry with 25 states
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/va-attorney-general-mark-herring-delivers-blow-to-gun-rights-advocates/2015/12/21/d72ce3d0-a821-11e5-9b92-dea7cd4b1a4d_story.html?tid=ss_fb

Quote:RICHMOND — Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) plans to announce Tuesday that Virginia will no longer recognize concealed carry handgun permits from 25 states that have reciprocity agreements with the commonwealth.

The State Police superintendent accepted Herring’s recommendation to sever agreements with those states, effective Feb. 1, according to Herring’s office.

The states are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Agreements will remain with West Virginia, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah.

So at least when I am stomping through the bear country in WV I can still carry, but I'm a little irritated about the effect this has on me going to PA. I already have to pack my firearms a particular way because I have a brief passing through Maryland and their laws are stiff, but other than that I was good.

Anyway, there is a lot of uproar over this, but in all honesty I don't have too much of a problem with it. It may not even impact me much if PA will still recognize my license, which may be the case. But I don't have a problem with my state not accepting permits from states with more lax firearms laws than ours, which are pretty lax themselves.

Messages In This Thread
Virginia ending reciprocity for concealed carry with 25 states - Belsnickel - 12-22-2015, 12:53 PM