Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy
(04-28-2023, 03:03 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Miles seems like a good pick. The Bengals will fill other needs in subsequent rounds.

Yeah, the Bengals looked at a lot of TEs and Backs and both groups are deep across the draft.  I found myself doing mocks and finding outcomes looked the best when  the Bengals ended up with a DL in the first 3 rds with or without a trade.  I find myself measuring Murphy against that of a theoretical trade but he looks like he's worth it.  

I know it's easy to see win now vs later as an either or but as others have mentioned it possibly does both.  You want more than 30 sacks (and more pressures), it's a long season.  So, thinking you're shorting yourself in production taking a rotational DE vs a starting TE I don't agree.  They can play him at UT in some sets or move him around like they do Hubbard which gives consistency.  There are plenty of opportunities to not only get his own playing time but keep guys like Hendrickson and Hubbard fresh.  Long term, if Ossai blows up with sacks and prices himself out in 2yrs, this gives them another 3 years with a cheap starting DE on a team with so much money going to 2-3 offensive stars.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - jj22 - 04-28-2023, 12:34 AM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - phil413 - 04-28-2023, 08:09 AM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - IcoHolic - 04-28-2023, 03:11 AM