Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Of those left, who do you want in the second round?
(04-28-2023, 01:16 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: CB,TE,S OT,RB,WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

Don't reach and take the BPA that is a need and that is a fit.

Maybe trade Jonah and pick 60 to move up in the 2nd round if there is a guy just too good to pass up on.

Jonah and Collins are going to drain a lot of money from the cap and that money can be used to sign the "big Three".

I hope the Bengals can move Jonah, he wants out. Go with a cheaper draft pick like Mauch or Jones. Mauch can play OT also.

Tonight should prove interesting and we get to se AJ Green announce our 2nd pick! Who Dey.

Don't forget about DT with Reader and Tupou's contracts up after this year. The Jonah trade would probably have to happen
today for it to happen. Sure would be great to get another 3rd round pick for him. If a player doesn't want to be here we don't
need him, simple as that. Let alone the fact he doesn't fit a power Gap scheme which we will be running more of with the Orlando
Brown and Cody Ford additions.

Dawand Jones, Bergeron, Mauch, McClendon, Tippman, Avila all fit this scheme if we want to add to the OL.

CB, TE and RB I think will be what we concentrate on the next 3 rounds though. DJ Turner, Darnell Washington and Tyjae Spears 
would be ideal IMO.

(04-28-2023, 01:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would like a DT and CB in the next 2 rounds if any quality DTs or CBs are still available at that point.   I would then look at OT or TE in round 4 and maybe a RB in round 5.  Round 6 go after a punter if Turk or Baringer is there.  Not sure Korsak is a good fit in the NFL with his style.

Doubt Keeanu Benton makes it to 60 but would love to get him if we go DT next.

(04-28-2023, 01:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wanted them to get Jonah AND Mixon moved. Looks like neither is happening. So absent new contracts these two are eating up 25 million in cap space and not giving even reasonable return on it.

As to Round 2, Bengals in the past have been more inclined towards RB and TE in 2 but who knows what the war room is thinking. I lean a bit towards Charbonnet at this point mainly because I am not thrilled with another season of Mixon missing obvious holes and having no breakaway ability. But I could also see us looking for more DL.

Figured we would trade Jonah and cut Mixon after we add a couple RB's, both scenarios could still happen. Also would be happy 
with Charbonnet today and he doesn't have the injury history Spears has.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Of those left, who do you want in the second round? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2023, 01:49 PM