Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy
(04-28-2023, 04:55 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: After sleeping on it, and reading on him a bit more, I’m still mixed on the pick.

He’s a 5 star recruit who didn’t come close to meeting his college potential. I know his ceiling is on the level of Myles Garret, but he HAS to WANT to put in the effort and work to get that potential. I really hope our DL coach can coach it out of him and he buys into the locker room. I don’t think he’s a bad pick, but I think he’s got higher bust potential and maybe corner would have been better there.

If this pick hits right away, I think the defense can be top 10even missing the turnover potential. If he busts…It’s going to be rough.

His floor is very high. At the worst he is a very good DE that sets the edge and is a monster against the run. His ceiling is all his talent meeting up with expectation and he becomes a monster pass rusher as well.

There was a single corner on the board that was as a consensus ranked above Murphy and that was Joey Porter Jr. who was probably lower than Murphy on the Bengals board because of his scheme fit with the defense of Lou Anarumo. It is about value at the time of the selection. No one knows how any of these guys are going to turn out to be in 5 years. 

When you apply the character and work ethic of Murphy as has been reported by every source I can find to his potential you end up with a very good chance of him being closer to his ceiling than his floor.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - jj22 - 04-28-2023, 12:34 AM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - IcoHolic - 04-28-2023, 03:11 AM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - OSUfan - 04-28-2023, 05:18 PM