Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy
(04-28-2023, 05:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think you are misreading the production issues. 

First off, he had good production. It just was not great. Murphy isn't Mazi Smith or DJ Turner or Adebewore with a great workout and little production. He was 2nd in his conference in sacks last year. He just didn't make the leap most expected after 2021. 

He does not have motor issues. He plays hard. He was a team captain. His issues are more due to technique & having a limited pass rush repitoire. We can fix that with coaching. He is only 21. Most of his coaches left Clemson after 2021. Hobby is a former Clemson coach. Recently. We have good intel. If he was lazy, we would not have picked him.  

He is a freak athlete with a good attitude with good production. Top 3 true DE in this class (Wilson, Van Ness). Some had him as #2. Goid vs the run and the pass. Solid floor and high ceiling. 

I thought we'd take Mayer. Truth be told, Porter was the only other real option for BPA. And that option was unappealing to be, because Pittsburgh. And Murphy ALMOST has a better 40 time. 

It isn't a HR pick, more like a double. But it could be a HR later. 

Nice post Ike. Pretty much spot on with MM. He WAS more productive than Adebewore for sure and has a way higher upside 
and fits our Defense perfectly. Joey Porter Jr I hope is picked by the stealers today right off the bat. 

Press Corner in a Zone Corner League...

Chase, Tee and Boyd will eat this dude alive.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - jj22 - 04-28-2023, 12:34 AM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - IcoHolic - 04-28-2023, 03:11 AM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle: Myles Murphy - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2023, 06:00 PM