Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Running Game Against The 31st Rushing Defense Today
(12-22-2015, 10:55 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: This isn't the first game where the O-line has been bad.   Both Steelers games but the first games was a win because of the defense and in spite of the O line's inability to run block.  The Texans game the O-line played like garbage.  The O-line has played well at times this year.  What really bothers me and it is a trend for the past umpteen years is this line cannot play well against a top tier defense. I do believe Andre Smith needs to go this year and use his salary cap money on Marvin Jones.  I also believe they need to finally find a center in the top of the draft, but that doesn't mean anything.  This unit has three number one draft picks and two second round.  They should be better, but I blame that on the Maestro and his "UNIQUE" blocking schemes.  This unit should be lights out and they are not.

One guy had a bad game in both of those games. One. Guy. 

That's not the entire OL fault but it shows how important having a strong unit across the board is. 

We have 3 guys who are among the best at their positions. One guy who has been in stretches.  We have one guy who is one of the worst at his position among full time starters.

If you watch when we struggle and where those struggles start, it is from the center position. We are weak there and teams attack it (well, smart teams do) and it puts strain on every other player to be perfect. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Running Game Against The 31st Rushing Defense Today - RoyleRedlegs - 12-22-2015, 05:08 PM