Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle
(04-29-2023, 12:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great pff coverage grade.

I saw today someone said he was PFFs highest graded S in coverage since 2020. 

I thought the offense badly needed more speed, more receiver depth, a real frontline TE1, an RB2, and increased IOL depth. None of that happened. I thought Jonah would stay put & we would not take an OT unless it was a stud  I got that right, at least. 

In D, we needed pass rush, inside & out (Murphy), and better CB & DT depth. Thought we'd punt at safety, though it was a bit thin. And we need a punter. 

Add it all up: 

1. Pass Rush Edge (Murphy) 
2. TE1/depth (nope) 
3. Better CB depth (Turner) 
4. RB2 (nope)  
5. Interior pass rush (maybe Murphy)  
6. WR speed/depth explosiveness (nope) 
7. DT depth (nope) 
8. IOL depth (nope)  
9. Safery depth (Battle)  
10. Punter (nope)  
11. QB2 (nope)

Astute observers will note that is 11 things & we started with 7 picks, now 8. Some things are going to go unfilled via the draft. We have SOME cap space, but Burrow, Tee, and maybe Wilson extension signing bonus prorations eat a big chunk. It looks like Jonah/Mixon/Collins are staying, so that cap number ($16 mil or so) remains steady. Cuts looks like the main avenue for improvement after today. 

We could bring back Allen again for QB2, and I like a vet better for QB2 than a rookie anyway. And an early pick made no sense. Tupou/Carter/Tufele are all under contract, so that need is not glaring. Punter was never gonna be adressed until late in the draft/UDFA. Once Bijan/Gibbs were gone, RB did not make much sense early on to me (at least Rd3). And I am fine with passing & signing Elliot if we have to. And WR is gonna be depth this year, so I kinda get being patient there.

Some names I like:

TE: Kuntz, Whyle .
CB: Trice, Bennett, Rush
RB: Abanikanda, Johnson, Brown, McBride, Mitchell
DT: Brooks
WR: Scott, C. Jones, Washington, Iosivas, Bryce-Wheaton, Landers
IOL: Wypler, Zavala, Daniels, McClendon, Gaines
P: Korsak, Baringer, Turk (6th/UDFA)
QB2: I prefer a vet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-29-2023, 11:06 AM