Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First three pics - roster shaping
(04-29-2023, 10:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That right there is the most important part. #2 WR shouldn't be replacing an OT or DL in that equation. You can pay 1 weapon because you always need 1 dominate one, but then you pay the QB that huge contract because you expect them to perform with other guys on rookie deals or bargain FA deals.

We somehow went from "Burrow will elevate bad WRs to good and good WRs to great" to "Burrow needs 2 of the 10 highest paid WRs in the NFL" in a span of just a couple years. Mahomes just won the SB with, yes Kelce, but his WRs were Juju, Valdes-Scantling, and Justin Watson. Absolutely keep investing good draft picks in getting new weapons, but you need to be able to move on them when it's time.

- - - - -
As a side note for Mahomes, predictably the Chiefs are already looking at giving him more money after Burrow and Herbert get their extensions. It won't be $45m/yr soon anymore.

They're trying to get talented and young/cheap at premier positions on defense to offset the cost of the offense. You're paying Orlando Brown, Karras, Cappa, Williams, and Collins on the oline. I could be wrong, but I bet we start seeing upper round picks on oline maybe as early as next year. They're killing two birds with one stone on defense. They're adding cheap, quality depth for 2023, and potential replacements when guys like Hendrickson and Hubbard come due. And they're doing it with guys of high character and smarts. It's the Patriot way without Belichick's boot camp. LOL (kinda....I mean, I'm certainly not calling them a Patriot team, but the strategy looks smart, and the FO/staff is actually resembling a real NFL franchise. And Joe Burrow).

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First three pics - roster shaping - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-29-2023, 12:21 PM