Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First three pics - roster shaping
(04-30-2023, 11:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The conversation was about the draft speaks volumes that they weren’t looking to replace Higgins. I say the same for Mixon/Williams and the RT spot. They obviously felt good about their RB room and RT tackle spot. Zac and Callahan were asked. They confirmed it.

It's not about replacing Mixon at this point.  It's about replacing Perine as a reliable 3rd down back who can get tough yards and not be a shit show in pass pro like Mixon.  Maybe Trayveon does that, maybe it's Chase Brown.  Until we see it unfold on the field, we're just left to trust them.  I'm a bit worried about 3rd down and the role of the back in pass pro, but it's not like Samaje was super-unique, either.  It's totally possible that one of these guys can step in.

It's a damn shame that your 12 million dollar running back has to get yanked off the field on 3rd down because he is either unable or unwilling to protect the most valuable player on the field in that or any offensive scenario.  It speaks very poorly to his character and ability as a football player.  He's had 6 seasons to figure it out.  He's a me first guy that wants stats and we may just be stuck with him for another year.  It will be awesome to watch 12 mil sitting there on the bench at critical points in the game because he's too prideful or stubborn to do his damn job.  Or maybe he's an expensive cheerleader.  I bet he'll be the richest Ben-Gal in team history.  

McKinnon barely made over a million last year.  Despite this, he was 15's personal protector.  Dude is tiny compared to Joe, yet super-effective.  He also scared the shit out of defenses as a check down when Mahomes feels the heat.  I hated playing that guy.  Joe can't do that for 12x that kind of jack.  Nobody is scared to play the Bengals because of Joe Mixon.  He only becomes a threat when the o-line is dominant, and it's only on 1st and 2nd down.  Shameful player when you consider that this team is trying to cash in on a Super Bowl window.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First three pics - roster shaping - samhain - 04-30-2023, 12:28 PM