Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Welcome to The Jungle Charlie Jones
(04-30-2023, 03:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Your thought process. Trent Taylor is the 5th wr on the depth chart

They drafted Charlie Jones in the 4th round to be their WR 5 of the future? That is...I’m speechless if that is cincy’s plan/what you legitimately think

There's a floor and a ceiling.

Charlie Jones was drafted 131 which is close to mid day 3. He was brought in to compete as a punt/kick returner in 2023 because they have been looking for that guy for a couple years. The upside is that he was a highly productive receiver in the Big 10 although he is thin like most of this draft class at 5'11 175ish. He is a smoother than fast athlete that has a little open field speed with really good hands. He has the upside to compete for Tyler Boyd spot in 2024 but I wouldn't automatically say a day 3 pick will be Boyd's replacement with another FA/draft between now and then. In 2023 he will be the 4th or 5th WR and maybe the returner. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to The Jungle Charlie Jones - Synric - 04-30-2023, 04:17 PM