Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Syrian family in Germany orders a hit on their own daughter
(12-22-2015, 10:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: this is exactly why I have zero compassion for any of these Syrian refugees.   Amoung countless other reasons to not let them in ...   And if you wonder why..... watch the video.  ..... If you wonder why I support keeping Assad in power.... Watch the video.     We need to learn the lessons of toppling these secular dictators.    

Tammy Bruce is a longtime gay and women's activist.   Not sure how that would make her biased on this topic.   Besides the info is from investors business daily report.

Unless you are now saying that gay and women's activists are liars and can't be trusted?   Ninja

Lucy you have to read more than the headlines.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2011/01/sarah_palins_biggest_fan.html

Quote:After NOW censured her, she quit her post and went back to college, earning a degree in political science from USC*  When Bruce re-entered public life, she called herself a "classical liberal," but she had in fact completed her transition from the left to the far right.

She wrote acouple of books outlining her new views, citing the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal as a key cause of her disillusionment with the liberal establishment

As libertarian feministCathy Young  (who is not a fan) chronicled in Reason in 2003, Bruce insisted that her beliefs had not shifted—and indeed she did continue calling herself a Democrat well into the aughts. "The funny thing is that my politics haven't changed at all," she told Young, adding that the left's rhetoric about empowering women and other groups was a "charade."

Today, Bruce says things like, "My feminism is about making choices that empower you," and "Group power leads to groupthink." It's a version of what I heard over and over again at a women's Tea Party conference I reported from this fall, where women called themselves feminists while denouncing the litmus tests they said liberals had attached to the word. If Bruce doesn't raise as many eyebrows within the Tea Party as one might expect, it's partly because Tea Partiers care mostly about the Constitution, liberty, and taxes; they aren't culture warriors. It's also useful, of course, for Palin and other Tea Partiers to be able to call a self-proclaimed feminist with Bruce's sexual orientation one of their own. (Bruce's speaker bio offers such topics as "Contrary to Popular Belief: How Conservative Ideas Empower Women, Gays, and Blacks.")

Also key to the Tea Party's embrace of Bruce: She doesn't rock the boat on gay rights. She's involved with a conservative gay rights group, but Bruce's official position on marriage is that it's for a man and a woman only—even though she told Cathy Young eight years ago that she supported gay marriage. It's a telling change; one constant throughout Bruce's career has been her willingness to shift shapes. Perhaps that's why she's been so aggressive about supporting Palin these past couple of years. Bruce's books didn't give her a ton of traction,and the right-wing pundit field is crowded. But Palin provides Bruce something specific to hawk—after all, you can't sell subscriptions, as she does, without sought-after content. 
Anyway...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Syrian family in Germany orders a hit on their own daughter - GMDino - 12-22-2015, 11:32 PM