Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Welcome to The Jungle Charlie Jones
(04-30-2023, 04:23 PM)pulses Wrote: They drafted Jones to eventually replace Boyd it's clearly easy to see. 5'11 175 lb guys are SLOT guys in the NFL. He has all the tools to be a very good slot guy in this league. Yes he played outside in college but he won't for us. Additionally I think Lassiter has a good chance this year as well.

We need to stop putting guys in to boxes based on their size, etc.  Some might have said the same about John Ross, who was the same height and about 15 lbs heavier.  He was an outside guy.  Jones has outstanding versatility, and perhaps what I love the most is he can uncover QUICKLY.  If you are going to double Higgins and Chase, you need your #3 WR to be able to get open quick to give Burrow an option when Chris Jones is bearing down on him.  He will likely be a slot WR, but it doesn't mean he will play exclusively in the slot.  Sometimes they want to give Chase that free release.  Jones can still stretch the field outside.  

That is a big reason they lost that AFC Championship game (I realize Boyd got injured, but he still isn't someone I would say uncovers quickly).

They also lost it because they had no pass rush and they have added a beast in the first round.  They needed those two things addressed and Jones, and the RB Chase Brown, will be outstanding options in that arena.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to The Jungle Charlie Jones - SHRacerX - 05-01-2023, 10:58 AM