Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson wants a Contract Extension
(05-02-2023, 11:09 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No way Logan gets $12-$14 mil. Pratt is every bit as good as he is. 3 years/$21 mil-ish for Pratt. You can get very good LBs round 2 or 3, and best in class late round one. plus, if he walks, I think we might be OK with ADG stepping in.  Yes, both FAs same year.  

Currently, with Burrow, Chase, and Higgins on rookie deals, we got 2 gyys who make that kind of cake. Reader is in the final year of his 4/$53 which is $13+ APY. Hendrickson has 2 years left on his 4/$60, $15 mil. Brown's deal is 4/$64, or $16 per. An pro-bowl OT, a pro-bowl DE, and the premiere run stopping NT in the league. Our pro-bowl QB & pro-bowl WR are going to join that club soon, as is Higgins. QB, WR, and DE are all prime positions, and stopping the run is job #1 in our division. LB is not as important. It just isn't. 

2 other players are making $12 mil plus this year. Mixon & Jonah. Mixon has 2 years left on a 5/$50 deal ($10 per/, but the team has the option for the 5th year and can save $10 mil if tgey don't pick it up. Jonah is on his rookie deal, and makes $12.6 this year, but he won't be back at that number, his whole deal is 5/$30. 

Maybe. I see Logan Wilson as a more rare linebacker these days one that can with range in coverage can play the run and is 6'2 245 in a age when most linebackers are 230.

As for Contracts a podcast I listened to once is that NFL teams put players in tiers so the tier 1 linebackers are getting 20-19m (Roquan Smith, Shaq Leonard, Fred Warner) then you have the bottom of tier 1 like Edmonds and Mosley at 18/17m. The bottom tier 2 guys are probably Bobby Okereke and De'Vondre Campbell both at 10m the top tier 2 would probably be Matt Milano at 14m.

Logan is probably somewhere in the middle of tier 2. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wilson wants a Contract Extension - Synric - 05-02-2023, 11:22 AM