Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-02-2023, 04:41 PM)pally Wrote: It is interesting to note that in your post you only talked about transgendered women.  Nothing about transgendered men.  I've also noticed it is by far and away it is men who get all twisted up over the subject as well...but only as it concerns transgendered women.  It seems to come down to a penis obsession .  I mean, seriously, why are people up in arms about transgendered men.  And it itsn't  "protecting the women" that is now and has always been a line used by controllers not women.

People, even those considered mentally ill, deserve to be treated with respect...that is the viewpoint of the left.  Using them as political punching bags is cruel and based on lies by conservatives.  Children aren't being "mutilated", drag queens aren't "grooming" children, and transgendered women aren't molesting women in the locker room.  

If a person wants to ride around in a wheelchair...whatever floats their boat.  If they want resources devoted to the physically disabled, just we have to, they have to show medical proof of said disability.

I agree with you 100%. Penis obsession is a good description of it. Trans panic is the new gay panic. It's also a form of toxic masculinity (the idea that if you're a man and you see a "man" as attractive, you are now less of a man.) I only mentioned trans women because they are the ones that right wingers typically target. "If you let trans women use women's bathrooms, they might rape a woman!" "If you let a trans woman participate in a race with other women, she may win!" "If you let a trans woman talk to your children, they'll molest the children!" It's always put in the context of a wolf in sheep's clothing because, at their core, I think a lot of men (in this case right wing men) are deeply misogynistic and believe that women are the weaker, lesser gender. So the only reason you'd want to "downgrade" yourself to a woman is if you were a predator of some kind.

Viewed from that perspective, a trans man just does not have that same primer for stoking fear and anger in people. Back to the 3 points, I don't think cis women are very scared of being considered lesbians for being attracted to a trans man. I don't think the right wing is fear mongering about trans men (because in their mind, that's a woman, so what is there to be scared of?) etc. 

The only controversy surrounding a trans man that I can think of is the recent shooting at the Christian School in Tennessee and the reporting on that was so muddled and confusing even I am not 100% sure that it was a trans man and not actually a trans woman that every media outlet was just misgendering.

Which just further points to the idea that the biggest thing working against trans people in general is ignorance, which becomes rage when certain talking points are prodded (point 1).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - CJD - 05-02-2023, 04:55 PM