Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-02-2023, 06:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you think it's ok if I'm denied needed services or on a waiting list for something like a mechanical wheelchair (and I can't leave my place until I get it) because someone that identified as disabled is on the list ahead of me?

We had to wait years to get a handicapped van and a chair lift to the basement and, by the time I was approved, I had already moved into my dorm in college. Keep in mind that was 4 years later since I had to repeat my sophomore year.

What about something like handicapped parking? You think it's ok for someone to take a handicapped spot and force an elderly person or someone that's disabled to walk a long way because that person identifies as needing it?

In this theoretical world, no I would not be okay with this. I think there would be room to differentiate between "transdisabled" and "disabled" just like we differentiate between "trans people" and "cis people." In the cases you offered, "disabled" people would have higher priority over "transdisabled" people.

Of course, the ideal solution would involve not having a 4 year waiting list to get disabled people the equipment they need to live their lives, "transdisabled" or otherwise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - CJD - 05-02-2023, 06:26 PM