Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-02-2023, 03:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My general stance towards all trans (and similar) topics is "if it doesn't affect me, I don't care what people do or say." Transgender people view gender as a social construct (which it is) and are not comfortable with the expectations, aesthetic or otherwise, set upon them by society based on their biological sex. To me, that's fine. If you want to identify as a woman, take drugs or have surgeries to physically conform more to the female gender and participate in society as a woman, I have no problems with that, as it has not yet, nor do I expect it to, affect me (or anyone else. This isn't just a me centric belief, it extends to just humanity in general).

I think, deep down, people are so upset about the transgendered topic for a few reasons:
1. They've been told to be upset about it by people who want their vote/money/viewership but are not offering anything of substance in return, so they instead choose to activate people's impulse to anger. Often using anecdotal "fear mongering" stories that don't have any basis or statistical evidence.
2. Disgust and homophobia (like, a person who is afraid that hot chick they picked up at the club is "actually a guy" which makes them gay for being attracted to a "guy!")
3. Good old fashioned appeal to the depravity of the younger generation and "modernity". Every generation has become more liberal when it comes to sex and sex related topics. In the 20s, women wouldn't interact with the opposite gender except in certain circumstances and certainly not in casual, social settings (drinking at bars etc), which made the flappers disgusting. In the 60s, you wouldn't sleep with someone that you aren't married to, which made the hippies disgusting. In the 90s, you wouldn't sleep with someone of the same gender that made gays disgusting, etc.

All these reasons are bad reasons to pass laws against a group of people, in my opinion.

So I'd apply the same thinking to this. Whether I personally believe what they feel is true and genuine is immaterial. So, while I may find it somewhat odd if someone says they "identify as a wheelchair bound" person even if their legs physically function properly, I would still be against passing laws against this person. Restricting access to wheelchairs or something like that...

I have not looked deeply into this since it's such a small group of people (who I suspect are only being written about to trigger the anger impulse in right wingers like in point 1 above), so I am open to be swayed that this is detrimental to society in some meaningful way but overall I revert back to "live and let live."

Im sure those are some reasons the trans topic has been prevalent of late. especially the further right on the political spectrum you go. But I also think there has been a rise of radicals on the left that have been pushing their opinions and agendas more and more these last few years now. It has gotten to the point where more & more liberals "of 10 years ago" like Bill Maher, a ton of moderates like myself, and moderate Republicans are starting to push back on a few of these trans issues. And of course like anything, the 'more conservative right' is pushing back harder than us more in the middle would like to see.

For example there is a trend among some of these radical wokesters that would call me a transphobic garbage human being because as a straight man/male, I would refuse to have sexual relations with a trans-female because they have male body parts. Its like jeez what the heck lol.

Personally I dont care what a person does as I am a pro LBGQ guy. But there are a couple or so things where I have an opinionated line drawn with the T debates going on.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Millhouse - 05-02-2023, 06:49 PM