Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Zac Really Happy With Irv Smith & Drew Sample
Well, I'd count myself as one who was stunned we didn't take a TE at some point. Though, if you want to go pick by pick, it is not like any oned decision not to was crazy (except not taking Washington in Rd 3, but if we medically DQed him, it was never in play).

Rd 1. Kincaid gone. Murphy was a higher rated prosoect than Mayer or Porter by a lot of folks. And certainly a higher level athlete at his position. Higher ceiling than Mayer. Heck, LaPorta got picked before he did. Better scheme fit than Porter, who is a press guy. Pass rush was a big need. If Murphy was gone, there is a good chance we pick Mayer.

Rd 2. LaPorta, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker gone. Kraft iflr Washington were theinly real TE options here. Washington was DQed and did not exactly put up stellar receiving numbers and Kraft did not play vs top competition. Turner was the best athlete/production/health combo of the 3, and plays a premium position. And one of need. I'd have thought strange was a reach.

Rd 3. Strange & Kraft gone. Washington gone after trade down. I wanted Washington here, medicals be damned. But no other TEs were really in the picture. And it looks like a LOT of other teams agreed on his medicals. I fid not like the Battle pick at first, as safety was largely off my radar, but he IS a ZT type guy.

Rd 4. Latu gone. At this point, we are talking about uograding Sample/Asiasi, not Smith. Kuntz has the athletic profile, but not the production. Jeck, he lasted until Rd 7 for a reason. Thrilled with the Jones pick. He'll contribute more than Alken or Mallory likely would have as TE2/3. Little early for Whyle for me. WR needed upgrading too.

Rd 5. Whyle, Mallory gone. Live the Brown pick. Kuntz/Allen only TEs considered. RB2 was a big need. Brown gives us some explosion there. Kuntz/Allen are not 4.43 guys.

Rd 6. Durham, Allen gone. Kuntz is the only one interesting me now. Theilled with the Iosivas pick. Big guy speed. Freak athlete. Princeton brains. Fantastic worker. Team captain.

Rd 6, #2. OK, now I really want Kuntz, but I get not wanting to gamble on the P going. But again, there obviously was something there with him that worried teams as he lasted to R7 with a 10.0 RAS. If he is TE3, the punter has a bigger impact.

Rd 7. Kuntz finally gone.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Zac Really Happy With Irv Smith & Drew Sample - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 05-02-2023, 08:46 PM