Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-03-2023, 03:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're saying anyone is female just because they say they are.

You're not thinking about all the different hormones, chemical levels, dealing with things like periods, most women being able to bear children and whatever else that is unique to women by just saying anyone can be one.

And it's a disservice because all of the things I listed above are struggles that women go through and have to deal with and saying "oh, well anyone can do all that."

Again, where do I say this. Cite thread and post and line. So far this is only you saying I say it.

Also, I don't see how listing chemical changes and periods and child bearing is a "service" to women. That used to be part of
the argument against allowing women the vote.

(05-03-2023, 03:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: False. 
The objective reality of what a woman is can't change. The people who enslaved blacks had a subjective reality, which you're actually proving my point because, just because someone sees something in a certain way, i.e. that they're really a woman when they're actually a man, doesn't change the reality that they're actually a man.

Perhaps it can't, but no one directly apprehends whatever that "objective reality" is. 

It is ALWAYS mediated by culture.

People who thought women and blacks should not have full citizenship 

did not think they were acting on some "subjective reality."

Like you, they believed that "history" proved their subjective reality to be objective.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Dill - 05-04-2023, 11:56 AM