Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-04-2023, 11:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are some instances of cis women who have conditions where they have higher-than-average levels of testosterone in their bodies being told they are unable to compete unless they take hormone blockers. This is something we are seeing currently in women's sports.

The question that no one seems to want to know the answer to is what do cis men have that would make them more competitive than cis woman, should they choose to transition to trans women?

Is it physical proportions? Is it hormones? Is it a combination of the two? 

I guess it may depend on the sport. Wingspan is arguably a big deal in swimming, which would make a trans woman who is 6'1" tall with long arms due to transitioning post puberty may have an advantage over cis women that cannot be changed via hormone therapy.

But then...what if there's an unusually tall cis woman? If you ban the trans woman from competing due to her physical proportions, do you also have to ban cis women who fall beyond whatever arbitrary line you have set?

Same goes for hormones, as you pointed out.

Trans women are not exactly dominating women's sports, so it's not like any trans woman will be superior to any cis woman. The cis women can still obviously compete, so why does it matter if a trans woman occasionally wins an event? Lia Thomas won some races, set a few records but also lost some races. One of her competitors in the 2022 season was a trans man who chose not to take testosterone or any other hormone therapy so that he could continue to compete that season. And he beat Lia in several races throughout the year. 

I just don't see trans women "taking over" any women's sports, which you would think they would do if they truly were inarguably superior to cis women, athletically.

And trans people, for all the media attention they receive, still represent an incredibly small percentage of people, not only in sports but in general. 

Why craft laws or regulations that would disqualify trans women from sports when, to my knowledge, there is no statistical evidence that they are categorically and unfairly superior to cis women in any given sporting event (following a minimum period of hormone therapy, as is currently the NCAA policy)?

Like I said in my original post, I think the outrage over trans people (And trans women in particular) is less so due to it being an actual issue that is affecting many (or any) people negatively, and more just one of three points: fear mongering by people interested in your money/vote/viewership, disgust and gay/trans panic, or the appeal to tradition and the fear of the younger generation and their "depravity."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - CJD - 05-04-2023, 12:01 PM