Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-04-2023, 01:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lia_Thomas#cite_note-10][/url]
This was the wikipedia entry of how she performed on the men's team prior to her transition.

Then, she began to transition, which meant taking hormone replacement therapies. A lot of trans women report losing significant strength during hormone therapies (which is why the NCAA allows trans women to compete after a certain period of time on hormone replacement therapies). 

Then they let her compete against women, where she began ranking among the top athletes again.

To me, that just seems like this person was an elite athlete prior to transition, went through transition where she lost muscle mass and strength but still was competing against men, obviously struggled because she no longer had the musculature she had prior to transition, and then when they allowed her to compete against women, she was more in line with their times as an elite athlete again.

In other words, the transition did its job to turn her from an elite male athlete to an elite female athlete.

Her skeletal structure obviously remained but, like I said, if a 6'1" trans woman cannot compete because she has a superior skeletal frame, are we banning cis women with similar skeletal structures? Katie Ledecky is 6'0" after all and she is the best cis female swimmer in the world (or at least one of them).

I'm not saying that trans women are definitely not a concern in women's events. But I think Lia Thomas isn't a great example or demonstration of that unfairness, since she was just an amazing swimmer before and after transition.

I'm not doubting she was an excellent swimmer no matter what, but she won the NCAA Championship in the 500 swimming for Penn's women's team.  I see ranked top 100 swimming for the men's team in the 500.  Again, excellent swimmer but not NCAA Champion caliber.  Personally I think it's ridiculous, but if the people are involved in it are OK with it, then that's fine by me.  I don't know that 2,3 and 4 would be fine with it, but I didn't check.  But in reality we have to adjust to the world.  I'm an alcoholic.  Many say it's in large part genetic.  That doesn't mean I go around telling people they can't drink around me.  In my opinion, you are a woman, fine, you just can't compete with the women in athletics.  If you want to compete, then compete against the men.  I think this is selfish.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - michaelsean - 05-04-2023, 02:33 PM