Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-04-2023, 06:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I'm being overly simplistic, but I'd say it's like being a Bengals fan but also wanting to wear Bengals team gear. 

On a side note, when I think of these topics where we debate the danger of "where things are going" I like to admit that we are living our entire lives in a timeframe people who died before us were afraid of.

I'm not weighing in on whether that is the right or wrong mindset to have, on this situation or any other. I'm amused thinking how 100 years ago a bunch of people were lying on their deathbeds thinking "I don't want to die, but at least I won't have to be around to see the effects of women getting the right to vote!"

*END SCENE*

Every generation within a given culture or country is more progressive than the previous generation. I don't know why this is the case necessarily, but it is undeniable at this point.

Conservatism is, quite literally, fighting as hard as you can to stop "item A" from being accepted and then, when it is eventually too popular to fight anymore, moving on to the next thing, "item B" and fighting as hard as you can to stop that from being accepted.

Often times, this comes with re-writing history to pretend like you never were really THAT against "item A" being accepted, but that "item B" is just a bridge too far.

Repeat with item C, and item D and so on until the people who remember item A are dead and you can completely disavow your movement ever being opposed to it to begin with, but item E is definitely a bridge too far. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - CJD - 05-04-2023, 06:48 PM