Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-04-2023, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm always curious about how people who insist on a binary definition of gender that is tied to a binary definition of sex really define male and female. It's definitely not as black and white as people would like to make it seem.

I agree that it's not as black and white, but on the other hand I feel it's also being over complicated.

In my opinion, I don't believe how you feel matters. I believe you can feel very feminine but that doesn't mean you are, or have to be a woman. That is likewise for the masculine side. It's like we slingshotted ourselves past the idea that men can be feminine and women can be masculine and just went "actually you can just BE the opposite sex". How about instead of "I feel like a woman" or "I feel like a man" it's just "I feel very feminine" or "I feel very masculine" because to me, that's actually what trans people are saying. But instead of keeping it that simple it gets turned into "I feel like a man/woman" which then becomes "I feel, therefore I am" which I don't believe to be true.

To me, gender comes down to the sum of the parts that make us male and female. If your body is primarily composed of male traits, then you are a man. If your body is composed of primarily female traits, then you are a woman. How you "feel" doesn't negate that reality. Now, of course you can decide to say you're whatever you want to be, but I do believe there are standards to gender and that it's not whimsical.

Has anyone ever asked themselves why people are debating about whether a male is a male and a female is a female and not some other "thing"? Of course not, because the answer is obvious. People are arguing about two genders (male and female) because that's all that exists. 

Gender is on a spectrum in the sense that not all men are Arnold Swartzenegger and not all women are Marilyn Monroe. Men can be more feminine than usual and women can be more masculine than usual, but it's almost as if society wants to say, "No that's not true, they're just in the wrong bodies".  My argument is, no, they're in the right body, they just don't like all the things men/women usually like, and to me that's okay. I don't understand why we have to uproot reality and over complicate things to avoid saying this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Matt_Crimson - 05-04-2023, 07:56 PM