Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-04-2023, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair point, but to me the thing that carries on is the reasons conservatives (in the social if not political sense) give for loving freedom but needing to curtail specific freedoms.  The Women's suffrage movement applies in the sense that the people who argued against it were saying that liberating women would hurt children, delegitimize and disincentivize the traditional family unit, and lead to men becoming less masculine.  So while arguing that women shouldn't have the right to vote is archaic, the warnings that progress will harm kids, families and society, and muddy the traditional lines and roles between men and women have never gone out of style.

We hear the same arguments for every new development.  That's where things go right back to the days of the dodo, for me.

Yes and the people, or most of them, who argued women have a right to vote would have argued being gay harms children families and society. I’m just saying you have to make comparisons on a level field
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - michaelsean - 05-04-2023, 11:17 PM