Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-05-2023, 09:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Peoples Christianity is supposed to be between them and God.  As a Christian there are VERY few real rules (All the Catholic stuff comes from man, not God).  The rules are Obey, Repent, Live your Life as he (Christ) did.  The problem with much of Christian history because so much of the world didn't want to do 1 and there fore not do 2, they went to war to force 1 & 2, thus violating #3.  It is my personal belief that those who have waged war to further religion, will face the wrath of God.

Finally The Bible tells us that Jesus will preside in judgement for all, thus why Christians speak of everyone.  It's part of the belief system.

But tell me this.....if you do not believe in any God......why do you care what guy said?  Just another looney religious nut, right?  Ignore and move on.

The only part I want to respond to is the bolded. I want to clarify that what he said didn't make me angry, or frustrated, or anything else. I didn't have an emotional reaction to what he said. I think it is important to engage people on their beliefs and what they say. Sometimes, you'll get the response that guyofthetiger gave me (I.E. nothing) but sometimes you'll get discussions like you and I are having or even more than that and I think those can be valuable. Different perspectives and ideas are valuable to personal growth, or have been for me. There have been plenty of times where I have engaged someone and came away from the conversation saying "I never knew that". I hope I have been able to do the same for other people. This is especially true in a forum like P&R where the whole point is to engage in what is hopefully an intellectual discussion about politics and religion. I don't think that you or guyofthetiger or anyone else on here is a looney religious nut, at least not from what I have observed. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - KillerGoose - 05-07-2023, 09:39 AM