Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(05-08-2023, 01:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, but overall points has me behind 3 teams in my division and thus no gaining ground.

Don't worry about points.  Won and Lost record is the way to play-offs.  

I could have had around 30 more points last week, but I had won and why risk my Sunday late game pitchers going negative and losing to Dune Dogs.  So if I've won on Sunday and no way my opponent can come back, I will bench my 4 PM and 7 PM pitchers and relievers and the heck with points. Of course if I'm behind or too close to call, I play everybody in Sunday 4 PM and 7 PM. I've won or lost a week on what my players or opponents players did on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. After a whole week, I've seen lead go back and forth and week even won or lost in extra innings, which is one tight weeks battle.

So be glad you beat an undefeated team and I beat an undefeated team, and your 4-1 record puts you in first with other 4-1 teams.  However 3-2 teams are right on our rear ends, and 2-3 teams can gain ground fast.  The 1-4 and 0-5 teams can and do get hot in this league and start beating the teams in first, just like in real baseball.  

This is not short season football.   Be glad you are tied for First Place with May, June, July, August to go before play-offs in September, by which time we will be going at it in football.  Just like real baseball, injuries and slumps happen to our players, and so the teams putting up huge points now may not be in some months.  One thing is sure, often a team putting up huge points one week, will struggle to score the next week.  This has been pointed out on here by many over the years.  I think a big reason is sometimes you get lucky and have your best pitchers go twice in a week, but then the next week they will only go once in middle of week.  Also depends on how many off days on Monday or Thursday for your players. Sometime lucky and not too bad, sometimes you get hit hard, but you can't dump good players just because they have a day off, because the next week they may have few days off. 

So Fantasy Points change, and its about who gets Hot and Cold, which the two 1st Place teams who lost got cold.  Also getting Lucky.  After playing 5 months, the most consistent teams make the play-offs, so it works out.   HUGE is WON and LOSS Record, because this is a head to head league, not a total points league or roto league.  Many teams would love to have your 4-1 record, you are doing good Tecmo and Nobody is 5-0.  You and Me saw to that knocking off 4-0 teams last week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - kevin - 05-09-2023, 12:36 PM