Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule Drop 5/11- When Dey think they gonna play these bengals?
(05-07-2023, 11:02 AM)samhain Wrote: That would be kind of a garbage move by the league to screw a fanbase out of a potential home game vs another conference division winner.  

Similar but not exactly I posted about in 2016 it was not fair for the Bengal fans in the DC/VA/MD area as they missed out of attending a Bengals game in Ohio as the Bengals played host to the Redskins in London. 

The Bengals were coming off a 12 - 4 record in 2015. Thus Bengal or Redskin fans wanting to see a game in Cincy were shut out. 

[Image: ambfnp25g2pippmr659q.jpg]

My quote back in 2016.

"In fact, wtf is the NFL doing when it schedules an AFC vs NFC game overseas???

A team from an opposing conference gets to play a home game once every eight years against the opposing conference.

For instance, the Redskins visit Cincinnati every eight years, this year instead of the game being played in Cincinnati, the game is played in London. That is ridiculous, because people[Redskin fans] who were willing to visit Paul Brown Stadium to see their Redskins play the Bengals are shut out. There are fans of the Redskins that live near Paul Brown Stadium that were waiting years to see their team play here`rather then in London. It would be like me living in the NY area wanting to see the Bengals play the Giants after eight years since the Bengals played the Giants in NY, only to have the game played in London instead. Who the $%&# schedules these games. I understand a division rivalry or even teams from the same conference, because you have a good chance of playing the same conference team soon. But two teams from opposing conferences is unacceptable.
Consider any Bengal moving to a city where the NFL team is a NFC team eg. Atlanta, you would be shut out if the game in Atlanta [Bengals @ Atlanta] was played overseas. Luckily, I can see the Bengals play @ the Jets in NY, or else, I would only be able to see the Bengals in NY, once every eight years unless they played their game in London, then it's once every sixteen years!!!!"

P.S. For the Political Correct crowd I know the Wash team are no longer the Redskins. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schedule Drop 5/11- When Dey think they gonna play these bengals? - BengalYankee - 05-09-2023, 07:15 PM