Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wind and Solar Power are pointless alternatives?
(05-10-2023, 02:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The real energy answer is nuclear. Design and build new plants. Pretty sure all operational US nuclear plants right now started construction in the 70s which means they were probably designed in the 60s. Need a wave of new construction using whatever new designs and materials would make it even more efficient.

Don't fully understand how people can be both pro-reducing carbon emissions and anti-nuclear as it's the only realistic answer for consistent power delivery that isn't fossil fuels. Doubly so if they're sold on the concept of trying to transition to electric cars, electric stoves, electric house heating, etc. That'd be a huge increase in electricity demand.

I think its an issue people have with safety and what to do with the waste.  I'm not well read on it but I do know that nuclear is getting a bit of a "push" to the forefront again recently based on the few things I've seen.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wind and Solar Power are pointless alternatives? - GMDino - 05-10-2023, 03:17 PM