Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Welcome to the Bengals: Andrei Iosivas
(05-10-2023, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm definitely not experienced enough to get onto any professional scout team, but I can't see how the Bengals didn't think Washington would not have been a good pick at 92. Elite blocking, which Bengals need and love. Promising albeit not overly polished route running, but his ceiling is higher than anyone the Bengals have right now. And he arguably would be a better player out of the gate than Sample and Asiasi. He should have been the pick in Rd 3 instead of the trade-back, IMO.

So Jordan Battle and Brad Robbins get swapped off the Bengals Roster for Darnell Washington.  I can see Pros and Cons either way.

I am seeing with just a Google Search that Teams took Washington off their Draft Boards due to swelling in his knee at the Combine

According to previous reporting by Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Washington fell in the draft due to those concerns with his knee. According to Rapoport, Washington had swelling in his knee at the Combine, which led to some teams taking him off of their draft board entirely.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the Bengals: Andrei Iosivas - depthchart - 05-10-2023, 03:25 PM