Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-10-2023, 05:59 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: See, but this goes back to my first post in this thread.

Why can't men just be really feminine and women be really masculine? Why do you have to make the mental jump that because you act more like the opposite sex that must mean you actually are the opposite sex? I get the idea of wanting to feel comfortable by actually looking like the opposite sex, but I just don't understand why we have to act like you actually are the opposite sex. 

Take for instance gay people. I think you can be gay and not deny the reality that you are the sex you were born as. You're just simply a man that likes men or a woman that likes women. It doesnt mesn youre "in the wrong body".

Why can't we do that when talking about feminine men and masculine women? Why do we have to make that mental jump? So what if you're a dude that wants someone to buy them flowers all the time, or you get super emotional about things in ways that women do, or you want to wear a dress. You can do all of those things and still just be a man. The same goes for women.

So, what you're ignoring here is that biological sex (which is also a spectrum for what it's worth) is different than gender, which is also split up into your identity and your expression. Being trans means that your gender does not match up with your sex. Now, would it be fantastic if we as a society did not assign these traits to align with any particular sex and we weren't judgmental as **** when a male expresses more femininity than society deems acceptable? Sure, but that's not the reality of it. Also, we label things because it makes it easier to put ourselves into groups and interact with our tribes. It's human nature.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Belsnickel - 05-10-2023, 08:13 PM